New Study Indicates that Wi-Fi Could Increase Mercury Exposure from Dental Amalgams

23133811 - transmitter wi-fi on white background (done in 3d)

The Journal of Neuroimmunology recently published a study entitled “Effect of radiofrequency radiation from Wi-Fi devices on mercury release from amalgam restorations,”

Thankfully, I follow Sayer Ji’s, Green Med info website and because of this, became aware of the study. My good friend Karen Armstrong, who also follows Sayer, kindly sent me the link to this information as well, a sure sign that this was something I had to write about!

The Dangers of Mercury and Exposure to EMF’s

The Iranian study published online in July of this year acknowledges that despite concerns over the toxicity of elemental mercury used in dental amalgam, it is still the most widely used restorative material in the world.   And to add to this, the rapidly increasing use of local area wireless computer networking technology and its potential ability to cause adverse health effects through exposure to its resulting electromagnetic fields (EMF’s).

Studying the Effects of Wi-Fi on Amalgam-Filled Teeth

In what is believed to be the first ever study of its kind, researchers used amalgam-filled teeth using standard protocols and divided the teeth randomly into 2 groups of 10.  The specimens in the experimental group were exposed to radiofrequency radiation emitted from standard Wi Fi devices at 2.4 GHz for 20 minutes.  The Wi-Fi router was placed 30cm away from the samples and the laptop computer that was exchanging data with the router was placed 20m away. The concentrations of mercury were then evaluated using a cold-vapor atomic absorption Mercury Analyzer System.  The control group was not exposed to Wi-Fi.

The results were statistically significant with the experimental Wi-Fi group exhibiting twice the levels of mercury than the control group and the researchers concluded that further in vitro and in vivo studies are necessary.

My Personal Take-Aways from This Study Are:

  • Your router, your cordless phone, your Bluetooth earpiece, your baby monitor and your garage opener all love and live on this radio frequency of 2.4 GHz.
  • If you still have amalgam fillings, you have a material in your mouth that contains over 50% elemental mercury
  • Combine the two above, and you have the potential for some serious health concerns

How about you?  Do you still have amalgam fillings?  Do you use wireless devices?  Do you have heavy metal toxicity?  Do you have unexplained health issues?

This may be one more thing that you might want to pay attention to as you search for answers!

I welcome your feedback. You can connect with me via email or telephone, leave a comment right here on the site or join in the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.

Until next time,

Kathleen

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge